Tuesday 6 March 2012

Frustration........ humph!

Its not been the best of weeks for this wanabe Ironman, I may have mentioned in previous blogs that I was due to go under the surgeons knife. This has now been done but unfortunately its not gone as well as I would have liked. I had an operation to remove two varicose veins, it was all quite straight forward and I was only actually in the hospital for 7 hours, two of them were waiting for the Op.

Quite disappointed to have been told prior to the operation that there was no reason to shave my toilet parts, especially after a trip to the Hospital today has revealed that I have clotting (not venal....phew!!!) and an infection where they have gone in to cut and tie the vein in the crotch. Now due to the privet being trimmed I am going to have to be a very brave boy when removing the extra sticky plaster that the 'kind' nurse applied. It also explains why I have been getting hot flushes and weak spells. I've some cracking photo's but they are not for the weak hearted hence they have not made an appearance here.

My poor, ever suffering wife has not killed me...... yet, I think its only a matter of time however as my frustration over my inactivity, lack of sleep (waking up for an 'old mans' 3/4 time a night is not good, think its caused by the swelling) and the lack human contact through the day means my mouth can go into 'Belt fed' mode. She definitely needs a medal and I don't know where I would be without her ever supportive shoulder. I was hoping to be running by the end of this week but it now looks like two weeks away at the earliest.

Shocked to read in the South Wales Evening post about another driver using their vehicle as a weapon against a cyclist. I really do hope an example is made of her when the court reconvenes for sentencing, its only a matter of time before someone looses their life. Suppose this is a good medium for me to ask all my non cyclist friends to have a little bit of patience if they come across one. It shocks me the amount of respect that we give a horse and rider by not a cyclist when we don't take up as much room, we don't leave 'presents' on the road and you can pass us far quicker (Please ensure that your wing mirror is more than 6inches from my elbow please!)

And finally before I dart back to my sickbed, DIETS! I hate this word and am amazed why people set themselves up for a fall by sticking to daft eating regimes. Surely its simple, eat a well balanced and varied diet, carbs are not your enemy, exercise more and ensure that you burn more than you put in.......Simples!

P.S. Did you know that if you click on any of the adverts in this blog I get money? All the money raised will go towards my fundraising total for the RNLI and the only adverts shown should be connected with things I think you will be interested in (Wiggle, Evan Cycles, CRC etc etc)






No comments:

Post a Comment