Tuesday 3 April 2012

Getting back on track

Question, how can you go from running 6mile in under an hour to struggling to complete 3? Answer is, you have an operation and be 'immobilised' for 5, very frustrating weeks. Getting back into the swing has not been as bad as I though it would however and I know its a marathon and not a sprint. Pretty sure in fact that within a month I will be back to running 6mile easy.

One positive is that my cycling does not appear to have taken too much of a backward step, I can happily cover 30mile without pain or feeling as if I want to be sick. The latter is more down to me taking it easy and slowly building things back up, getting my 'sit bones' used to a race saddle again and not wanting to do something silly and risk the chance of more time off training. 

My previously reported open wound is now almost healed; hoping that it will be good enough for me to start swimming again by the weekend and am flirting with the idea of my come back swim being an open water one this Friday, I will not risk infection though if my wound is not healed fully.

Letters have been sent to prospective sponsors, will do my best to reward them with as much publicity as possible if positive results are achieved.

Thanks to those that read my blog and provide feedback in order for me to improve it.

Until next time............

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Rob, small moves, step by step. Soon have you back going full bore. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rob, the running will come, just take it easy, and before you know it you'll be hitting the same times.

    ReplyDelete