Wednesday 18 April 2012

Miles in the bag

Hi all,

Chuffed to bit..........Over a Thousand people have now viewed my blog! Thanks all.

Its been over a week since my last update and much water, or should I say miles, have passed under the bridge. 103miles of swimming, cycling and running last week and totals for this week already total over 60.

My new bike arrived and I must say that I am very pleased with it. I am now the lucky owner of a CUBE Aerium Pro and its definitely quicker than my Boardman Team Carbon but suspect most of this is down to the tyres and wheels. Proof of this will be when I next do the club standard route and compare times with previous ones.

It comes with mostly Ultegra shifters, these have taken a bit to get use too and if I am honest I prefer the Rivals that are fitted on the Boardman. I also have some doubts about the Sella Italia perch that came with the CUBE, its very hard but as I have not done any serious mileage yet (Only been 30mile on it) I will keep an open mind.

I am now using the Boardman as my commuter. In a straight line its 6.4mile to work but I have made a vow never to cycle the same way twice in one week and if this weather had been a little better I am sure I would have many more miles under my belt. So far this week I have not had a single ride to work or run in dry conditions, this and the conditions on some of Wiltshire's country lanes and its slowly turning me into a better cyclist.

Getting my toes wet again has been fun, although I have not ventured into open water yet the pool swims I have had have been great........great to get back in that is! The first two dips were used to get the swim muscles acquainted to it again and I now appear to be where I was last September.

Onwards and upwards, in a months time I will be 40 and this cookie has no intentions of going quietly!!








No comments:

Post a Comment